Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yahoo: Will any other suitors come a-courting?

It is unlikely that any other company could beat Microsoft's offer, say analysts Read More

Seven of the 12 will be tagged with the company's highest threat ranking Read More

The Mega-D botnet, which offers discounted sexual enhancement pills to users, delivers a whopping 30% more spam than Storm Read More

Apple outsold Motorola and Microsoft in the US among smart phone vendors, say researchers Read More

From the 'really annoying game that I can't stop playing department' we have the Amnesia throw the Paper Plane game

Getting it past the ceiling fan (without getting shredded) and out through the window is the biggest challenge.

paper plane

My record so far is 61.796m for a global rank of 45,888. I have certainly contributed to the 213 million planes thrown so far!

Read More

Users won't get a crack at it until mid-March at the earliest, says Microsoft Read More

I installed Windows Server 2008 in my Virtual PC hosted in my Vista Ultimate. Here is an walkthrough of the installation options and steps. One thing to note is that I did not enter Product Key and thus was taken to the screen of selecting which edition I want to install.

Another change I noticed from the Beta releases (I havent tried RC) is that the Administrator account was not given a password and we had to manually set it, but now, after installation, the first thing you are supposed to do is to set your Administrator account password Laughing

Read More

Thanks to Chaks, who developed a Geekzone Blogs Gadget for Windows Vista Sidebar. He was inpired by our Geekzone Forums Gadget for Windows Vista Sidebar, originally developed for us by Provoke.

If you follow the Geekzone blogs or forums and use Windows Vista make sure you download those gadgets.

If you are using Mac OS X or Konfabulator and would like to develop similar gadgets for these other platforms, please contact me.

Read More

It's actually yesterday, but nobody seemed to have actually celebrated the one year anniversary of Microsoft's latest OS.

"It's been a year already?"
Yep.

How were your thoughts on Vista over this past year? What do you want to make happen on Vista over the next year? What about the 'Wow' that they said that would start? Laughing

Your opinions everyone!

For late viewers, here are some of the marketing I still got in my drawer:

I love this one. Especially the view.

Read More

Attracting passive job-seekers is the goal Read More

No comments: