Friday, February 8, 2008

Google, Microsoft trade barbs over Yahoo bid

Google, Microsoft trade barbs over Yahoo bid
Google says that Microsoft's offer to buy Yahoo raises "troubling questions"

PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE
them keysI recall that when I got my first computer, a C=64 and the 1st time I saw the message,

"PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE"

If you don't know the C=64 Keyboard, it has three layers of keys. So each key had the standard character + two symbols. It took a few seconds before I realised that my computer didn't have a "ANY" key hidden and it was meaning any key at all.

This made me think, as I had my morning coffee, how cool it would be to have keys like that, based around a programming language. Keys like AND NOT, well the basic logic instructions, would it have made programming easer. Then I had some cake, looked a buda and thought up a fake interview...

Reporter to Nintendo, "Some say the DS is stealing peoples Souls."
Nintendo replies "Don't worry you will get it on a higher level"



Blast from the Past! 025 N-AMPS mobile phone!
And not just any N-AMPS phone, but a Phillips ISIS! (You can't get much info on it as well... so it has to be old!)

(Yep, I previously said D-AMPS, but found out it's N-AMPS)

Featuring:
  • 20 Phonebook Contacts
  • 3 Subtle Tones
  • 1 Line LCD Monitor
  • Backlit Keys!
  • Runs on 4 AA Batteries! Perfect for those who are always on the move!


I've kept everything (except the box) and it still works, even all the contact numbers have been stored there... from 2000!

Ah, I can still remember how my dad used it. He would go into Settings, crank up the volume and play one of the mono tones, waking me up in the morning.

My mum still remembers how much he paid for it: $99.



MIT: New mobile chip will boost energy efficiency by 10x
The new design is intended for use in portable electronics, such as cellphones, PDAs and even implantable medical devices

Spend $2.00, get $3.58 back!
I brought some Nestle candy bars at my local supermarket (won't say who), and got 2 Kit Kat Chunky Bars for $2.00.

Because Nestle is having the 'Free iTunes song' promotion, I actually got $3.58 worth of songs back, meaning I got an extra $1.58 worth of value!

Let the advantage-taking begin!



Dual booting Vista and Windows Server 2008??
I have Vista Business in one of my machines and thought of dual booting with Windows Server 2008. And the end result? - Excellent! I installed Windows Server on top of Vista and after installation of Windows Server 2008, the boot menu was shown with options to boot into Vista or Server 2008 Cool

Cool Smile



ARM to show off Android platform next week at trade show
Several demonstrations of the mobile platform will occur at the conference, says Google

Yahoo said to beef up talks with Google
Google wants to do anything it can to stop Microsoft from getting one foot in the door, says source

No comments: