Wednesday, February 6, 2008

MIT: New mobile chip will boost energy efficiency by 10x

MIT: New mobile chip will boost energy efficiency by 10x
The new design is intended for use in portable electronics, such as cellphones, PDAs and even implantable medical devices

Welcome Slingshot to Geekzone
I would like to welcome Slingshot to Geekzone. We have created a Slingshot & CallPlus forum now, with a new user "Slingshot" that will represent Slingshot on the site.

More information on this forum entry.



Rejoice, people of Howick! ADSL2+ is here!
I have been restarting my modem every morning for the last week now, and today I can see ADSL2+ is here!

So restart your modems everyone!

UPDATE: Looks like we are going to be completely switched on the 8th. Hang on tight!


Before...



... and after

But I'm still getting 7.6mbps...

Is there still something?

I'm using the Gen I DSL-504T (generic, NZ firmware V3.00B02.NZ.20060711). Does the restriction I've been hearing affect my one as well (I thought it only affected _TX Telecom ones)



Finding Chuck Norris
I just got this on an e-mail, worth trying:

1. Open Google

2. Type "find chuck norris"

3.Click on "I' am feeling lucky"

Enjoy...



My iPod Touch 1.1.3 Jailbroken Gallery
Here are some shots of my Jailbroken iPod Touch running 1.1.3 after using the iJailbreak method I posted about the other day.

Springboard


(Click the image to get to the gallery)

  • Summerboard is now working
  • Installer 'Main script execution failed' problem has been solved by doing this in SSH
    cd /
    cd Applications/
    wget http://repository.apptapp.com/packages/System/Installer.zip
    rm -rf Installer.app
    unzip Installer.zip
    chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel Installer.app
    rm Installer.zip
    This downloads the latest installer.app. I fixed mine another way, by setting the correct permissions via ssh then updating installer within installer.
  • Runs very well.
  • Maps, Mail, Webclips, lyrics, Weather...etc All run perfectly


No comments: