Monday, February 11, 2008

New Geekzone Blogs Windows Vista Sidebar gadget

Thanks to Chaks, who developed a Geekzone Blogs Gadget for Windows Vista Sidebar. He was inpired by our Geekzone Forums Gadget for Windows Vista Sidebar, originally developed for us by Provoke.

If you follow the Geekzone blogs or forums and use Windows Vista make sure you download those gadgets.

If you are using Mac OS X or Konfabulator and would like to develop similar gadgets for these other platforms, please contact me.

Read More

Ok, dont ask me why and for what I am brining Vista Features to Windows Server 2008 Tongue out

The Vista Features includes things like,

1) Windows Media Player
2) Windows Flip 3D
3) Windows Aero Theme
4) Windows Mail
5) etc.,

By default this is not installed in Windows Server. To enable them, you need to add the Desktop Experience Feature from the Add Features wizard.

Here is a screenshot,

Read More

If you are in New Zealand and use Vodafone live! services, check the Mobile Wikipedia, developed by Instinct.

The service is a WAP interface to Wikipedia and can be accessed from Vodafone live! > Communities > The Answer Is Here.

A few comments though:

- I tried it using a Palm Treo 500v (screenshot) which is the first Windows Mobile Vodafone live! compatible handset. It all worked ok but the articles themselves were not showing any formatting If you test this with other handsets (Nokia, Sony Ericcson, etc) please leave a comment how the experience goes.

- Why didn't Vodafone use something like "Mobile Wikipedia" in the link, instead of "The Answer Is Here"? It would probably attract more attention.

Good luck with the new service.

Read More

Juniper Networks' CEO Scott Kriens talks to John Gallant and Jim Duffy Read More

I have been thinking of a conflict I had sometime back, over colour.

I noticed a change in my mind and I thought about it.

To begin (for a long time) my faviourite colour was this
Yellow #1

But some how a change happened and now I like this

Blue

more. I don't recall the exact point in time that this happen,
but the results are present. It's sad as I like blue alot too.

Read More

The bot grabs the CAPTCHA and sends it back to the spammer's server, where the image is somehow "read" and a clear text match generated, says researcher Read More

No comments: