Wednesday, February 6, 2008

75,000 demand Microsoft keep Windows XP going

When 100,000 signatures has been collected, the petition will be presented to Microsoft Read More

Four scenarios point to emerging single-regulator strategy Read More

One week ago there was a rumour in the blogosphere that Google would no longer allow domain names less than five days old to be monetised using Google Adsense for Domains. Just a few days later ICANN announced that they are reviewing a proposal to c... (more in the full post)

Read More

Everyone likes the Apple Mac’s Expose feature and wondered why Vista didn’t bring it on along with Windows Flip 3D :D

Well, today I found a function with my Microsoft Notebook Presenter 8000 Mouse that there is a function called Instant Viewer that does the same thing and you can bind any one of the mouse buttons to it (Thanks to David ;) )! It works great and looks great! Wonder why this isn’t present by default in Windows Vista :(

Here is a screenshot,

instant-viewer.png
(Click for full view)

8)

Read More

I installed Windows Server 2008 in my Virtual PC hosted in my Vista Ultimate. Here is an walkthrough of the installation options and steps. One thing to note is that I did not enter Product Key and thus was taken to the screen of selecting which edition I want to install.

Another change I noticed from the Beta releases (I havent tried RC) is that the Administrator account was not given a password and we had to manually set it, but now, after installation, the first thing you are supposed to do is to set your Administrator account password Laughing

Read More

No comments: