Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Apple beats Microsoft, Motorola in 4Q phone sales

Apple outsold Motorola and Microsoft in the US among smart phone vendors, say researchers Read More

The flaw can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow by assigning an overly long string to the affected property, says Secunia Read More

Thanks to Chaks, who developed a Geekzone Blogs Gadget for Windows Vista Sidebar. He was inpired by our Geekzone Forums Gadget for Windows Vista Sidebar, originally developed for us by Provoke.

If you follow the Geekzone blogs or forums and use Windows Vista make sure you download those gadgets.

If you are using Mac OS X or Konfabulator and would like to develop similar gadgets for these other platforms, please contact me.

Read More

Everyone likes the Apple Mac’s Expose feature and wondered why Vista didn’t bring it on along with Windows Flip 3D :D

Well, today I found a function with my Microsoft Notebook Presenter 8000 Mouse that there is a function called Instant Viewer that does the same thing and you can bind any one of the mouse buttons to it (Thanks to David ;) )! It works great and looks great! Wonder why this isn’t present by default in Windows Vista :(

Here is a screenshot,

instant-viewer.png
(Click for full view)

8)

Read More

I got a tip from Telecom New Zealand telling me that Mac OS X users can now plug the Sierra Wireless data devices (CDMA EVDO) to their Apple computers and get their daily intake of fast cellular data.

Sierra Wireless has added support for Mac OS X to their Watcher software. The software supports the AC597E (Express Card), AC595U (USB) and AC595 (PCMCIA) models.

There's also an updated Windows version (v0.6.0.64) which introduces a new driver, and allows additional VPNs to be added.

Read More

Users won't get a crack at it until mid-March at the earliest, says Microsoft Read More

I blew away XP on my eeePC and restored the original Xandros - great little OS in Easy Mode with iceWM. I also enabled advanced mode (a full KDE desktop) using pimpmyeee.sh (Google it - its a no-brainer quick way to enabled KDE). You can switch back ... (more in the full post)

Read More

Attracting passive job-seekers is the goal Read More

The RTM versions of both operating systems can easily be found on BitTorrent tracker sites Read More

I installed Windows Server 2008 in my Virtual PC hosted in my Vista Ultimate. Here is an walkthrough of the installation options and steps. One thing to note is that I did not enter Product Key and thus was taken to the screen of selecting which edition I want to install.

Another change I noticed from the Beta releases (I havent tried RC) is that the Administrator account was not given a password and we had to manually set it, but now, after installation, the first thing you are supposed to do is to set your Administrator account password Laughing

Read More

No comments: