Monday, February 11, 2008

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 Windows Mobile pictures and video

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 Windows Mobile pictures and video
Sony Ericsson has announced the XPERIA X1 Windows Mobile-based devices. Interesting news, since the company is a long time supporter of Symbian UIQ.

Very exciting news too because we all know how popular the Sony Ericsson handsets are and how well made they are.

The XPERIA X1 comes with GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA - and look at this user interface (video from Sony Ericsson, uploaded by Engadget):




Below are some pictures of this new device:














Opera 9.5 demo video
Opera Software has announced Opera 9.5, its new web browser version for smartphones. The software is not available yet, but it will be hosted at Opera Mobile sometime after the Mobile World Congress 2008.

In the meantime, there's a demo video available and shared below.



I am looking forward to having this installed on my Windows Mobile device.

Is just me or does it show all the features Internet Explorer Mobile should have had for the last few years already?



Is the iPhone killing Motorola?
Motorola's phones lack the coolness factor of apple's product

Rejoice, people of Howick! ADSL2+ is here!
I have been restarting my modem every morning for the last week now, and today I can see ADSL2+ is here!

So restart your modems everyone!

UPDATE: Looks like we are going to be completely switched on the 8th. Hang on tight!


Before...



... and after

But I'm still getting 7.6mbps...

Is there still something?

I'm using the Gen I DSL-504T (generic, NZ firmware V3.00B02.NZ.20060711). Does the restriction I've been hearing affect my one as well (I thought it only affected _TX Telecom ones)



TVNZ to remove downloads from tvnzondemand.co.nz
Previously, tvnz on demand used Microsoft's PlaysForSure DRM to protect (and make people pay for) their content, but now will instead focus on a ad-based scheme to provide the programmes via streaming only.

Also reported is a portal for Mobile On Demand content with one of the mobile companies, and having content served up on the PS3 and Xbox.


"TVNZ surrenders to video pirates" - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10490999



Dual booting Vista and Windows Server 2008??
I have Vista Business in one of my machines and thought of dual booting with Windows Server 2008. And the end result? - Excellent! I installed Windows Server on top of Vista and after installation of Windows Server 2008, the boot menu was shown with options to boot into Vista or Server 2008 Cool

Cool Smile



Encryption could make you more vulnerable, warn experts
The use of data encryption could make organisations vulnerable to new risks and threats, warn security experts

No comments: